Monday, April 29, 2013

Give me the Crown!

I wouldn't be a dutchie if I weren't posting SOMETHING about Queensday...

For the not-dutch folks:
You can think of a day for the Queen. It's like her birthday, but not really.
It's her mothers-mothers birthday. Good story right?

It's like a fairy tale! (Gone bad)
 
What dutch people do on this day?
Yeah, what do YOU or have you done?! Tell us!

Well generally...
They collect ALL their junk and put it out on the streets. To sell and to buy even more rubbish from their neighbours.
And ofcourse drink a lot of alcohol. Great party?


What I HATE about it? Everybody dresses up in orange ("our" colour).

But there's a catch this Queensday! It will be the last one...
No sadly it's not dropped for eternally!

The snotty son of our Queen will be stealing the crone.
From now on it will be Kingsday... And it will be moved to his REAL birthday.

I can't tell you enough that this day isn't my day.
I may have "orange" hair but still, No.

I'll be going to Antwerp! Escaping the country.
Coincedintal P!NK has her concert there!
Me happy. :D

Tonight maybe a drink with some Derby mates.
But tomorrow... I'll be running for my freedom!


*Gets a call that the tickets to Antwerp are being purchased right now.*

If you're not from here, try it out, once, it's totally crazy and packed with people.
Worst nightmare will be in Amsterdam where the passing of the royal power will be.

I wish everybody here a lot of junk and beer! Maybe fun...? Hahah.

With love from Antwerp,
Fox.

















-------------------------------------------------------------------

Want to follow more? Find me on Facebook!
Be the first to know about a new blog.

Like this page and see what I'm up to.
Also for suggestions and other fun stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Where you hate it, I love it.
    But no orange clothes on my body, no alcohol in my body. Watching tv almost all day. I had to go to Utrecht because of some flags in soms church-towers, and fireworks at our place.
    Yes, I love this special Queensday a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Cool!
      Yeah that's a better Queens/Kingsday!
      Hope to go flagging some day :D

      Delete